The January 2021 American Legion Magazine digital version demonstrates on classes from the Gulf War, explores the extended-awaited DoD/VA digital professional medical record system and lays out priorities for the 117th Congress. The clickable digi-mag is accessible by means of MyLegion.org.
• In “Defend & Storm,” Military War Higher education professor and retired Col. Richard Lacquement Jr. points out why the Gulf War was a rebirth for the U.S. military services and a pivotal moment in the evolution of the character of warfare. Additionally, an update on the Countrywide Desert Storm War Memorial.
• Twenty yrs and $20 billion afterwards, VA health care centers are ultimately rolling out an digital well being document process compatible with DoD. “I’m hoping and praying this would make everybody’s life much easier, in particular veterans,” suggests Easter Iuli, a veterans service officer for the American Legion Department of Washington.
• Countrywide Commander James W. “Monthly bill” Oxford outlines The American Legion’s priorities for the 117th Congress, which includes a Buddy Verify 7 days, legislation mandating a “Get American” coverage for federal organizations, a absolutely funded VA and a constitutional modification to prohibit flag desecration.
• Article officers and customers can study much more about The American Legion’s providers via Education Tuesdays. See online video below.
• In Huge Issues, Democratic Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton and U.S. Rep. Robert Aderholt, R-Ala., discussion statehood for Washington, D.C.
• Clarence Bacon, final of The American Legion’s countrywide commanders to provide in Globe War II, was a trusted mentor and winner of blue-cap Legionnaires. See video clip in this article.
Users can simply click here to accessibility the digital journal.
To be a part of The American Legion and delight in month to month digital troubles of The American Legion Journal, go to legion.org/join.